What You Will Need for a Trip to Slovakia
While it lies in the middle of more prominent countries like Poland, Hungary, and Czech, Slovakia was overlooked by many tourists. Over the years, the country is making a remarkable comeback as it has become a popular getaway for many. Slovakia has made its way to a destination worth visiting in Central Europe based on its rich culture, incredible landscapes, and many other explorations.
Regardless of whether you are going for a weekend or full-on adventure, it is crucial to have a laid-out plan of exploring Slovakia. With a guide, you will be able to effectively use the time you have to explore Slovakia while also sticking to your budget.
The following preparation tips should be helpful for your trip to Slovakia:
- Pack all your documents and identification
Before setting off on an adventure to a foreign land, ensure you have your passport. It is a form of identification that is a requirement to travel into another country. Also, if a visa is necessary, ensure you get it before the trip.
- Get a translation application
Unless you speak Slovakian, having a translation app could come in handy. Since Slovakian is the dominant language, an application that provides translation from Slovak to English is useful. You will also be able to learn common phrases that will help you interact with the locals.
- The Euro is king
The currency used in Slovakia is euro; therefore, if it differs from that of your country, it is best to exchange your money before traveling. More so, it is safer to do it before the trip as some forex bureaus act like tourist traps that can easily rip you off.
- Make an itinerary
Before your adventure, prepare a schedule that includes all the activities you want to explore during your trip. From the unique architecture, breath-taking landscapes, mountains, to the national parks, there are many touristy things you can do in Slovakia.
- Get a map
Acting as a reference to help you get around the city you plan on visiting, a map is useful. Technology has saved the day for many tourists, as they can use their phones to access some of the areas without getting lost in a new place.
How to Maintain Your Budget While Making Your Visit Memorable
When you think of the travel expenses, eating costs, and accommodation fees, traveling can be financially crippling. Regardless of the finances, one can find ways to feed their adventure on a budget. With proper planning, you can visit Slovakia; make long-lasting memories while keeping expenses low.
Slovakia is a historically rich country that captures the attention of many with its natural yet beautiful resources. Although undiscovered by flocking tourists, it earns a place as a peaceful destination. Since traveling tends to be financially demanding, there are ways you can make your trip to the country memorable without being overwhelmed by the expenses that come with the visit:
- The hotels are relatively pricey in Slovakia and could cost you more than Airbnb. Check out the different Airbnb options you can find and determine one that suits your preference and budget.
- Many cities in Slovakia are small, and one can quickly get around by walking. With the help of your map, it should be easy to stay away from busy roads and traffic. For a low price, you can also opt to get a bus pass.
- As a country with historical importance, there are many activities to do in Slovakia, for instance, most museums are open to the public for free. You can view photos and documentaries exhibitions without spending a dime.
- Slovakia is also well-known for its rich culture and heritage. Annually, there are film festivals and even cultural events that take place in different cities. Many of them are free, meaning you do not have to spend money to attend.
- Go hiking; it is not only fun but also inexpensive. Many hiking activities, especially those in national parks, only require one to pay a minimal fee of entry. The mountains also offer great adventures for those who are up for a hiking challenge.
Slovakia is a unique destination that offers touches to help make your holiday unforgettable. The beautiful castles, majestic mountains, and beautiful architecture are not the only wow factors. With over 7,000 caves, heavenly cuisines, and magnificent views, Slovakia is a destination you should include in your travel bucket list.